“….the guy that showed me how to make rods said I should get a set of Bellinger forms ‘cause they’re the best, he was right” MH
Bellinger planing forms are a great value and have long set the standard for top-quality planing forms among bamboo rodmakers. Made to exacting tolerances, our steel forms come ready to use and require no further surfacing or preparation. Hex cap Push/Pull screws are on 5" adjustment stations and are located on opposite sides of the form to make setting your form simple and easy. We recommend using "T" wrenches.
These two-sided forms have a shallow groove cut on one side for tip sections, and a deeper groove on the second side for butt sections. With a Bellinger planing form, rods can be made with virtually any number of lengths, tapers, and line weights.
- Forms are precision ground, flat and parallel for an optimum planing surface
- Push/pull adjustment screws on 5" centers with ball bearing smoothness
- Tip side will acommodate a completed tip dimension as small as .030"
- Forms measure 72" long x 1 1/4" deep x 1 1/2" wide when closed
- 60 degree groove cut in a single pass on a .001":1" slope
Our swelled-butt planing forms are made to the same tolerances as our standard taper planing forms but undergo an additional machining step ($40 additional charge) which increases the slope of the 60-degree tapered groove by .040".
This dramatic change in the swelled-butt depth can be expanded using the adjustment screws to execute tapers for the most extreme swelled-butt rods. The swell is located on the butt side of the form outside the normal planing area and will not interfere with your ability to plane non-swelled tapers on this form.